Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Grown Up Joke -_-"

Having not able to go to work because of sickness, is a totally different feeling from what I felt when I was a student. Have you ever felt like that?

I have been working for only 3 months. Ok, it's not a real working experience since I am only attached to my current agency for a program for graduates, but yeah, I would prefer to call it working.

So, today is my first day off working because of sickness. Having diarrhea, vomiting and stuff since 4 am, and woke up at 12pm, feeling so weak and a massive headache, yep, I am definitely stranded at home.

When I was a student, to not be able to attend classes because of sickness was something, ermm, something not to worry about. All I had to do was, went to the panel doctor, had some consultations, brought home different types of meds, and resting. Classes were the least important things and for sure the last thing I have had to worry about, because I know I can rely on my friends for that. Plus, as long as I performed in class, absenteeism is nothing.

But when I have to stay home, feeling all weak like this, had to call my superior some more, to inform her, that was something I really hate about. I never imagine this is the feeling to not be able to go to work. I mean, I feel guilty to spend my sick leave, and even feel so useless, like I am a kind of disappointment. Is this how I am supposed to react? As if I love my job so much that I feel guilty for not showing up? Hell, I don't love my job, yet. I always feel like sitting at home doing nothing instead.

I have never imagine I would feel this guilty for not showing up for work. Hmmmph.

So, welcome to the real world Ain. Congratulations, you have grown up -_-"

No comments: